For professional workers, time management is an essential skill. In addition to helping produce higher-quality work, good time management also allows workers to be more efficient and productive.
Regardless of job function or department, these five time management tips can help streamline and improve daily operations:
1. Prioritize efficiently: Prioritization is one of the most critical aspects of time management
2. Plan ahead to arrive on time: Nothing throws off a daily schedule more than arriving late. With this in mind, it’s essential for workers to arrive on time to everything.
3. Eliminate distractions: One of the most detrimental things in the world of time management is distraction
4. Allow some buffer time between tasks: Part of using time well means scheduling downtime, and this is critical in the workplace
5. Batch-check email and messages: According to the Huffington Post, U.S. workers spend a whopping 6.3 hours checking their emails on a daily basis.